Sunday, April 12, 2015

Icon Analysis

My three icons are the Hollywood Sign, the icon for Google, and McDonalds

I picked the Hollywood sign because it has been an icon in both real life as well as in television, and movies.  It has been around for a very long time and to some represents and is a symbol of their hopes and dreams.  I have seen it myself and I find it to be a bit "cool" to say that I saw it.  It is a powerful symbol and brings forth memories, passions, and inspires hope to many "wanna be" actors and actresses.  It is one of the symbols that is strictly American.  You are not going to go to any other country and see it.  It looks better in pictures but it does tend to stir some pride when you see it.  Hollywood itself, specifically Hollywood Blvd, it is a pit!

Google icon for me is the world at my fingertips.  It is known worldwide by anyone who may have or do use a computer.  Even those who still use Internet Explorer, know what Google is.  Not only do people use it for research, they use it for images, and Google maps and Google earth as well.

As for me, I use it because I am an innately curious person and anything and everything that may pop into my head, I can just Google for the information I need.  I always have said to my children and others that knowledge is power, and now I can get instant gratification to anything I want to know.  I LOVE GOOGLE.

Last but not least is the golden arches of McDonalds!  Who does NOT recognize those arches?  Even in other countries McDonalds is recognized.  They are everywhere.  I have never met anyone either here in the United States, nor out of the country that did not know what or about McDonalds.

Those arches symbolize a part of American history for many generations.  Even today, with everyone eating more healthy, McDonalds is usually always busy.  All these things I have spoken on are and will be a large part of our history.




No comments:

Post a Comment